Voluntary Prekindergarten is funded by the state of Florida and consists of 540 hours. All children who will turn 4 years old by September 1st are eligible to attend VPK.
We are now taking applications for the 2022-2023 school year. The School year begins Tuesday, August 9, 2022. Call the office at 352.515.5612 to schedule a tour!
VPK runs from the middle of August to the end of May. Monday-Friday. We currently offer 3 classrooms.
VPK A runs from 9-12
VPK B runs from 8-11
VPK C run from 12-3
We offer wrap around before and after (for an additional fee).
Through VPK, we provide families with 540 hours of instructional hours through a designated schedule.
VPK Attendance Policy Parental Agreement 2022-2023…
The following attendance policy is provided to help parents understand the attendance expectations for their child during VPK program at Growing in Grace II. Following the guidelines will assure that your child receives the greatest benefits that this program can provide for his/her kindergarten readiness. While we understand that sometimes it may be necessary for a child to be absent from the program when they are ill or occasionally for appointments that cannot be scheduled outside of VPK hours. VPK enrolled children are expected to arrive no later than 9:00 a.m. each morning. If they are VPK only they are expected to be picked up no later than 12:00 noon. Parents are expected to verify and sign the VPK long form Certificate of attendance at the end of each month.
Please note: If your child is absent for 3 consecutive instructional days, please bring in an absentee excuse from a physician. According to licensing regulations, the center will make every attempt to contact you, if your child does not show up, within an hour of their scheduled time.
GROWING IN GRACE PRESCHOOL II VPK HOURS ARE 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., MONDAY – FRIDAY
You are allowed three absences per month. Allowable absences: Illness or injury of the child, illness or injury to the child’s family member which requires hospitalization or bed rest; physician or dentist appointment; infectious disease, or parasitic infestation; funeral service; memorial service, or bereavement upon the death of the child’s family member; compliance with a court order (e.g. visitation, subpoena); special education or related services for the child’s disability; observance of a religious holiday or service; family vacation, not to exceed 27 excused absences per program year.
I understand that in order for my child to participate in Growing in Grace Preschool II VPK Program, I am required to:
- Have my child in regular daily attendance during the program hours established by the preschool and parent. (Excessive absences may result in my child being suspended from VPK service at Growing in Grace II)
- Call the Preschool by 8:30 a.m. if my child is ill or I have a family emergency and will not be attending school that day. (Children are not expected to attend school if they are feeling ill or have a communicable disease or parasite);
- Notify the director ahead of time if my child will be absent because of family vacation (Please try to plan vacations around VPK instructional days. (not to exceed three scheduled days), doctor or dentist appointment, or extraordinary circumstances beyond the control of the child and the child’s parent.
- Bring my child to preschool NO EARLIER THAN TEN MINUTES BEFORE START TIME AND NO LATER THAN 5 MINUTES AFTER DISMISSAL TIME. (Unless there have been prior arrangements made with the director or they are participating in the wrap around services.
Understand that if I am more than 10 minutes late picking up my child, a $5 late charge will apply;
- Sign your child in and out of the center daily;
- Verify, each month, my child’s VPK attendance during the previous month
- Everyday that a child is not in attendance is a day that they are missing the opportunity to learn. Too many days absent becomes very frustrating for the child. The curriculum for VPK is very intentional in supporting your child’s success now and in the future. Regular attendance is also setting an important message and attitude about making attendance in school a high priority.
The State of Florida understands the importance of VPK and agrees to pay for your child to attend, but also has expectations of regular and consistence attendance and learn outcomes.
Growing In Grace Preschool II License #: CO5HE0131